Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week one
NIGHT ONE
Pinapple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, Rice a Roni Parmasean Noodles, pineapple

I cooked the ham at 250 for 4-6 hours with 2 cups water in the pan. I then turned up the heat to 425 and took the ham out, I used half a can of crushed pineapple and a cup of brown sugar and used my basting brush to spread it over the ham and let the rest fall in the juice. I cooked that for about another hour and half.
We can't eat potatoes at my house, my son is highly allergic so we look to have alternatives. I did make ham gravy though and put them on the ham and my noodles.

Add to grocery list
canned crushed pineapple
brown sugar
ham
Rice a Roni Noodles

NIGHT TWO
HLT Wraps
BLT Rollers recipe
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/blt-rollers-124708.aspx
I use this recipe and then sub bacon for ham and then doubled it and added a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. I also spread the mixture thinner and add more lettuce so I can get more than 2-4 rollers.

Add groceries
flour tortillas
cream cheese
may
lettuce
tomatoes
shredded cheddar cheese

NIGHT THREE
Broccoli and Ham Soup and Crackers with butter
I use Bear Creek Country Broccoli Soup. It is a pretty cheap mix and it doesn't have any potatoes or potato startch in it so it's safe for my whole family. I chunked up leftover ham and stirred in 1/2 cup sour cream I had left over from a recipe and a cup of shredded cheddar and it was excellent. The kids loved having just butter on their crackers, it was like a whole new idea to them!

Add groceries
Bear Creek Country Broccoli Soup
Crackers
Butter

NIGHT FOUR
Ham and Cheese Loaf  Green Beans and Apple Sauce
Ham & Cheddar in a Loaf recipe
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/ham-cheddar-in-a-65544.aspx
I don't like the Mayo taste in this so I just lightly spread the mayo on the bread dough before putting the ham and cheese on it. I also laid the shredded cheddar down and then thinly sliced velveeta and placed that on top too!

NIGHT FIVE
No help with this night. School function offering supper and a career fair, can't pass that up!

NIGHT SIX
Homemade Pizza
I buy 2 packaged pizza crusts, Walmart brand pizza sauce, then top with whatever I have, usually browned hamburger, onions, mushrooms, this night I'll had some fried ham, top with cheese and enjoy!

Add to grocery list
2 packages pizza crust
1 jar pizza sauce
Mozzerella cheese
other toppings

NIGHT SEVEN
I like one quick night.  Beef and Cheese Taquitos and Nachos!

Add to grocery list
Taquitos
Corn chips
Velveeta cheese

Week 2
NIGHT ONE

Pork Chops Stuffing Mixed Veggies
Note that I hardly ever buy meat at a store... our chops come from a Hutterite colony.

Add to grocery list
Pork Chops
box of stuffing ( i prefer the off brand, I think it has more flavor)
frozen veggies

NIGHT TWO
Homemade Mac and Cheese
I will probably put ham in this since my  ham was large.

Add to grocery list
Elbow noodles
Milk
Velveeta cheese

NIGHT THREE
Pizza Pockets and broccoli with cheese
These are a creation I invented. I take biscuits and roll them out, place on a medium sandwhich press, put pizza sauce, hamburger and mozzi cheese and then fold in have so edges are pinched. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Add to grocery list
2 cans grands like biscuits
pizza sauce (or use leftover from pizza night)
Hamburger
Shredded Mozzi cheese
Frozen Broccoli

NIGHT FOUR
Cheesy Beef Stroganoff  Peas Bread with butter

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/velveeta-cheesy-beef-stroganoff-57514.aspx

Add to grocery list
Egg noodles
velveeta
cream of mushroom soup
hamburger
peas

NIGHT FIVE
Cheeseburger Pie  onion rings  baked beans
cheeseburger pie
http://family.go.com/food/pkg-family-approved-recipes/recipe-633078-cheeseburger-pie-t/

Add to grocery list
crescent roll
pickles
ketchup
mustard
shredded cheddar cheese
onion rings
baked beans

NIGHT SIX
Stuffed Mexican Shells and spanish rice

Heat oven to 425. Boil Large shell noodles. Brown hamburger add taco seasoning to taste. Add 8 oz cream cheese to hamburger  Put salsa on bottom of 9x12 pan. Stuff shell with the hamburger mixture. top with shredded cheddar and taco sauce. Bake for 10-15 minutes


Add to grocery list
large shell noodles
hamburger
taco seasoning
cream cheese
shredded cheddar
salsa
taco sauce
spanish rice

NIGHT SEVEN
Easy night... Little Ceaser's 5 dollar pizza :)

1 comment:

  1. This is great! You answered my query regarding specialty dishes/restrictions, in the mentioning of your son's potato allergy. There are a few recipes here I would like to try. Since my food restriction is most dairy & ham, I can use these recipes as a foundation and then substitute ground beef or chicken. As for the diary, cheese is always okay, so it's a win-win with these recipes. Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete